Sunday, March 29, 2009

Christmas in Arizona

We spent Christmas in Arizona at Emily and Matt's. We had an amazing time. Emily had a list of about 100 things/events to do while we were there. We hiked, 4 wheeled, played at parks, toured chocolate factory, went to 4 drive in movies, had danced parties, played games, taught kids to ride bikes, toured the lights, watched motorcross, did cabellas, shopped til we dropped, baked goodies, and ate bob's cooking just about every night.


Bob turned 32! He is such a great sport having his birthday 2 days before Christmas.


Temple lights in the rain.....it does rain in Arizona.




It is official we are a 2 car....I mean van family. We flew to AZ and bought a 2008 ford 12 passenger van. I'm not joking! No we are not planning on having 5 more kids we just needed more space in between the kids we already have. We love it. It's kinda ghetto to have a giant van but there was no way we were going to survive in our minivan. We had been a single van family for about 4 and half years. I drove Bob to and from the bus every day. If we missed the bus or he had late class I loaded up the boys and headed 45 minutes downtown Atlanta to pick him up. We spent alot of time in the minivan. Wow my life has changed because Bob can drive himself to work. I sure do appreciate having an extra vehicle. I'm grateful for the extra 30 minutes in the morning and evening. We are sooooo blessed.
We loved loading up the van to full capacity at Emilys.



1 comment:

Cassia said...

Wow, what a van upgrade! I definitely agree that having space between the children helps keep the peace better. :) And congratulations on having two vehicles - I look forward to that day myself. :)