Thursday, August 26, 2010

Trevor


My younger brother, Trevor passed away on August 12 th-2010. I was devastated to hear the news. I still feel like we are all in shock. He was 29 years old and left behind 4 amazing boys 6 yrs and younger and an incredible wife who he adored.
Our family and friends gather together in Spokane, WA for the funeral on Saturday the 21st. On Friday the 20th, we had a Remembrance Gathering for friends and family to gather and remember so many amazing memories and so many ways Trevor had blessed each of our lives. There was a slide show and tons of pictures put together to remember all of the good times.
The next day hundreds gathered for Trevor's funeral service. It was so nice to have so many people who loved Trevor there. The eulogy was full of stories and examples of times in Trevor's life when he showed compassion and optimism. Stories of him being an actively involved dad and loving husband. These stories were inspiring and uplifting. I want to serve others how Trevor did. He always looked for ways to help people. Often the people he helped were homeless.
He loved life and was the most optimistic person I have ever known. At the cemetery there were bag pipes playing. My dad dedicated the grave with so much love for Trevor. Afterwards we all let hundreds of balloons go at the same time. It was heart wrenching to watch the balloons disappear. But as I thought about Trevor and all the joy he had for life I could picture him grabbing all of those balloons. He loved everyone and everything about life!
Visit the Trevor Stephenson Memorial page on face book.

5 comments:

Andrews Family said...

Amanda - my heart is breaking for your family. The memorial service was so wonderful and I was completely consumed by the Spirit. Trevor was an amazing young man and after hearing all of his inspirational stories, makes me want to be a better person. We love your family!!

reba said...

Amanda,
I've been thinking about you and your family. Hang in there and call when you're ready to talk.

Raelene said...

Amanda, You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I love you guys! Let me know if you need a listening ear. I am always here.

Mauri said...

I am so sorry for your loss. What a hard time this must be for your family. You will be in our thoughts and prayers. May the Lord bless you and the Spirit comfort you in this time of need.

alamoreaux said...

Amanda- I am so sorry for you. I often think about how close you are to your siblings and how I want to try and have that for my kids. I am so sorry. Aimee